While many have had a laugh at the expense of Ronda Rousey over the internet following UFC 207, the former UFC women’s bantamweight champion is getting the last laugh as she is cashing in to the tune of $3,000,000. Her cashout ties the record for the highest purse by a UFC fighter with Conor McGregor from his UFC 202 rematch with Nate Diaz.
Not only did she tie the record and earn more than any other fighter on the card, Rousey earned more than everyone on the card COMBINED. With what she has done for the sport and women’s mixed martial arts it’s hard to argue that she doesn’t deserve every penny.
As for the rest of the card he’s how the payouts took shape:
- Amanda Nunes ($100,000 + $100,000 = $200,000) def. Ronda Rousey ($3,000,000)
- Cody Garbrandt ($200,000 + no win bonus = $200,000) def. Dominick Cruz ($350,000)
- T.J. Dillashaw ($100,000 + $100,000 = $200,000) def. John Lineker ($43,000)
- Dong Hyun Kim ($67,000 + $67,000 = $134,000) def. Tarec Saffiedine ($40,000)
- Ray Borg (*$12,600 + $18,000 = $30,600) def. Louis Smolka (*$37,400)
- Neil Magny (*$67,000 + $47,000 = $114,000) def. Johny Hendricks (*$80,000)
- Antonio Carlos Junior ($21,000 + $21,000 = $42,000) def. Marvin Vettori ($12,000)
- Alex Garcia ($18,000 + $18,000 = $36,000) def. Mike Pyle ($55,000)
- Niko Price ($12,000 + $12,000 = $24,000) def. Brandon Thatch ($22,000)
- Tim Means ($35,000) vs. Alex Oliveira ($28,000) ruled a no contest
Smolka received 30% of Borg’s purse due to missing weight and Neil Magny received 20% of Hendricks’ purse for missing weight.
SUBSCRIBE to get all the latest UFC content: https://www.youtube.com/ufc
Connect with UFC Online and on Social
UFC® is a premium global sports brand and the largest pay-per-view event provider in the world. Headquartered in Las Vegas with offices in London, Toronto, Sao Paulo and Singapore, UFC produces more than 40 live events annually that consistently sell out some of the most prestigious arenas around the globe. UFC programming is broadcast in over 156 countries and territories to more than 1.1 billion TV households worldwide in 30 different languages. UFC FIGHT PASS®, a digital subscription service, delivers exclusive live events, thousands of fights on-demand and original content to fans around the world. For more information, visit UFC.com and follow UFC at Facebook.com/UFC, Twitter, Snapchat and Instagram: @UFC.